The BMC Teammachine SLR02 gives riders a better price on a member of an elite carbon road bike family. It is an incredible climber with a great balance of speed and handling. Each year, the BMC Teammachine takes one more step towards perfection. The Teammachine family has seen success at the highest level of competition, winning the Tour de France, Olympics, and many Classics. Still, BMC is working tirelessly to make the Teammachine even better thanks to feedback from professional riders and a supercomputer algorithm that tested tens of thousands of frame variations to settle on the optimal design.
Despite the lower price tag and a lower grade of carbon used in construction, the SLR02 has the same geometry as the SLR01. Pros have raved about the geometry of the Teammachine, but it continues to improve. The ACE Technology ran 34,000 frame iterations over the course of a year to come up with the perfect tube shape and structure for the frame to help its rider find their perfect position for maximum efficiency. The Teammachine keeps its rider in an aerodynamic position to cut through the wind. The fork of the Teammachine includes an oversized asymmetric shape that shaves off weight while keeping the desired stiffness.
The Teammachine performs at a high level regardless of where it goes. It has no problems handling cobblestone or mountains with speed and precision. This bike has outstanding linear speed but can also turn and corner very well. Using BMC’s Tuned Compliance Concept (TCC) and a premium carbon build, it performs well in the toughest conditions. Adding to the overall convenience, this version of the SLR02 features a Shimano 105 groupset for reliable mechanical shifting at a great price.
BMC aimed to improve on the already strong balance of compliance and stiffness at a very light weight. The rim brake version saves even more weight and utilizes direct-mount brakes. Its light weight helps handle those tough climbs while remaining stiff enough for the inevitable sprint. As a result, the Teammachine boasts a very balanced performance that allows for top speeds without becoming difficult to control.
The BMC team realizes that they need to continue to improve each year to stay on top. Winning races is great, but to keep winning, one must evolve. With the amount of research and improving that goes into this bike each year, you can be certain that you are getting the best technology BMC has to offer. With the reasonably-priced and extremely fast BMC Teammachine SLR02, you will be ready to take on any day of riding regardless of how long or how mountainous.
- Frame: Teammachine SLR02 Carbon, ACE Technology, TCC Race, PF86 BB
- Fork: Teammachine SLR01 Premium Carbon TCC Race (350g)
- Seatpost: Teammachine SLR02 D-Shape Premium Carbon 15mm offset (0mm offset available)
- Bottom Bracket PF86
- Brake Calipers Shimano 105 R7000
- Cassette Shimano 105 R7000, 11-32
- Chain Shimano HG601
- Crankset Shimano 105 R7000, 50/34
- Fork 02 Carbon, TCC Race
- Frame Material Carbon, ACE Technology, TCC Race
- Front Derailleur Shimano 105 R7000
- Handlebar BMC RAB 02, Ergo Top Shape, Compact Bend
- Headset Integrated
- Pedals Not Included
- Rear Derailleur Shimano 105 R7000
- Saddle Fizik Antares R7 Manganese
- Seatpost BMC D-Shape Carbon, 15mm Offset
- Shifters / Levers Shimano 105 R7000
- Stem BMC RSM01
- Tires Vittoria Rubino, 700x25c
- Wheel – Front Mavic Aksium
- Wheel – Rear Mavic Aksium