BMC’s highest performing all-around bike, the Roadmachine, has gotten even better for 2020. The Roadmachine 01 TWO is an elite version of this bike that comes in at a lower price than the ONE. Made to perform at a high level on smooth roads, cobblestone, distance, and more, the BMC Roadmachine is a one-bike collection. The Roadmachine’s roots are based in endurance road riding but it has evolved into so much more. With more speed and a lower weight than ever before, the newest Roadmachine is one of the most versatile bikes on the road. If you are ready to ride all day with no compromises, the new Roadmachine 01 is for you.
This version of the Roadmachine 01 is lighter than ever, made up of endurance-tuned premium carbon. This carbon layup is made for amazing compliance and great power transfer in a lightweight frame. BMC claims that their 54cm frame weighs just 895 grams, allowing it to hold its own with some of the lightest climbing bikes on the market. The frame works alongside the seatpost which is also lighter than it has ever been. It still utilizes a D-shaped seatpost with a flattened rear profile, but it has been redesigned to become more endurance-friendly. About 20mm more of exposed seatpost generates more flex, leading to extra comfort. Overall, the new Roadmachine with Tuned Compliance Concept (TCC) has a claimed 25 percent more compliance than its predecessor.
The new BMC Roadmachine features an improved fork that also offers improved tire clearance. This module can accommodate anything from 23-33mm, making any road a possibility. Smooth riding on tarmac, a jenky road full of potholes, or dirt backroads can all be conquered with a simple change of wheels. The fork not only has increased tire clearance but also features thinner asymmetric legs, similar to that of the Teammachine. This counteracts braking forces to dissipate the stresses of braking. The fork is 10 percent stiffer than before for greater control at high speeds.
The BMC Roadmachine utilizes disc brakes, contributing to its endurance nature. With the excellent modulation, heat management, and stopping power of disc brakes, you will feel confident riding on any surface or in any weather. As is the case with many top BMC bikes, the Roadmachine implements an Integrated Cockpit System (ICS) which keeps the front end looking sleek and also creates clean internal cable management. As usual, this bike has a minimalist and sleek Swiss look that riders have grown to love from BMC. The Roadmachine 01 TWO is equipped with an electronic Shimano Dura-Ace groupset. Once the gold standard in road shifting, this group is featured on your Roadmachine for an excellent price. BMC’s Roadmachine continues to improve as one of the best bikes on the planet.
- Frame: Roadmachine Premium Carbon, PF86 Bottom Bracket, Flat Mount 12×142 thru-axle
- Fork: Roadmachine Premium Carbon, Integrated Cockpit, Flat Mount 12×100 thru-axle
- Handlebar: BMC RCB01 Carbon Ergo Top Shape, compact bend
- Stem: BMC ICS 01 Integrated Cockpit Design with computer and camera mount
- Seatpost: Roadmachine D-Shape Carbon 15mm offset
- Bottom Bracket PF86
- Brake Calipers Shimano Ultegra DI2 8050, SM-RT800 Rotors (160 /140)
- Cassette Shimano Dura Ace, 11-30T
- Chain Shimano Dura Ace
- Crankset Shimano Dura Ace, 50-34T
- Fork Premium Carbon ICS Fork*, TCC Endurance
- Frame Material Roadmachine Premium Carbon Frame, TCC Endurance
- Front Derailleur Shimano Dura Ace Di2
- Handlebar BMC RCB01 Carbon, Ergo Top Shape, Compact Bend
- Headset Integrated
- Pedals Not Included
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Dura Ace Di2
- Rotors Shimano Dura Ace, SM-RT900 Rotors (160 /140)
- Saddle Fizik Aliante R5 Kium
- Seatpost Premium Carbon “D” Compliance Seatpost
- Shifters / Levers Shimano Dura Ace Di2, Hydraulic
- Stem BMC ICS 01 – Integrated Cockpit Design, W/ Computer And Camera Mount
- Tires Vittoria Corsa Control, 28mm
- Wheel – Front Mavic Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL UST Disc, Thru Axle
- Wheel – Rear Mavic Ksyrium Pro Carbon SL UST Disc, Thru Axle